Wednesday 28 August 2013

March 28.

2:00 am (on 29th)
Today was our free day.
IT started out with a goodbye to our lovely new friends and travel buddies from the other school. Their flight left early this morning. After hugging them goodbye and eating breakfast, we headed out to the Musee d'Orsay. Such a beautiful building and great museum. We were only there a few hours, like seriously only 2. I wish we could have has stayed longer, there is so much to see! We saw a temporary exhibit on "l'angle de bizzar.' They were beautiful and strange and dark. After walking through there I went to the Van Gogh room and saw his paintings, then ran up the stairs to the fifth floor to see Monets and Edgar Degas. The building is so beautiful and I want to just go sit in the center for ages. There is a beautiful clock and the whole structure is gorgeous. There is an awesome little model of it next to a glass floor that looks down on a model city of Paris. I wish we were aloud to take pictures inside.
Then we left to go to the Pompidou. I ate some delicious Onion Soup for lunch, then we took the metro to near the Pompidou. On the way I stopped and got a picture in front of Nicholas Flamel's house, which is only two blocks away. I am happy I saw it.
The Pompidou is a really cool place. Its a neat building with all the pipes outside and modern and contemporary art inside. It is suck a different feel and look from the d'orsay and the louvre. Though they are all art museums, they have very different atmospheres and feel, as they should. I feel they very well reflect the type of art that is on display.  I think having architecture that  relates to it purpose is important.
In the Pompidou there is a floor for 1940s to now, and one for 1905-1940s. I liked the latter better, it was full of really thought provoking and cool things. Defiantly want to spend more time here as well.
There was a recording of 2,000 people sining bicycle built for two, and a computer sining it. There was a room with lots of colors and shapes that were different depending on your perspective from where you where standing.
There were lots of awesome models of buildings, a cool sculpture made of tiny metal plates.
My favorite was a room with lots of toys and things on spinning plates with lights on them, making dancing shadows on the wall.
After the Pompidou we went to a restaurant to eat a type of pizza from northern France. IT was really thin but good. Dessert was basically the same thing but with chocolate and apples instead of meat and mushrooms.
When we were done with dinner some people headed to the hotel, while Ashley, APril, Sienna, Jonny, Kaelyn, and I all headed to the Eiffel tower. It was so cold! We all put on all the layers we could, stood in line, and went all the way to the top.
It's so amazing to be able to look out on the city of Paris at night, all lit up and sparkling. I miss it already. So much. I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment