Wednesday 28 August 2013

Wednesday 27-

12:46 am (on 28th)

Jour Nombre deux à Paris.

Today we got up, had a croissant, yogurt, and toast, and at 8 headed out and got on a bus that took us on a site-seeing tour of the city. We drove around the whole city as a lovely Parisian woman told us all about what we were seeing and about Paris. I was tired so it was hard to keep awake but I did. We got off for a few minuets to use the bathroom and take pictures of the tour Eiffel.
 We got back on and went to the Louvre. Oh my gosh the Louvre! What a fantastic place. I could spend weeks in there and still never see everything! Jonny, Kaelyn, Abraham, Kristina, Michael, and me, decided to stay with Professor Carpenter and walk around listening to everything Carpenter was saying about art. He is our art history professor after all. It was so great!












(people taking pictures of the Mona Lisa)


I saw the Mona Lisa and Nike, and lots of paintings and sculptures. We found a painting that looked like Michael Cera.

Out of everything we say though, I am most happy that I saw two Vermeers! 'The Lacemaker' and 'The Astronomer.' I was so happy. He is my favorite painter and the astronomer is one of my 3 favorites of his.

Then we kind of split up, I went down at looked at statues and then walked through Napoleons Apartments. We met back up and walked to the steps of the Opera house to meet up with the rest of the group. We then all took the metro to Montmartre where we walked up all the stairs and then looked at all the view of Paris. We ate dinner at a cute little restaurant with a red canopy and for dessert I had my first ever creme brûlée! It was soooo good. We walked around a little more before coming back to the hotel.

(The view from Atop Montmartre) 

No comments:

Post a Comment