Monday 26 August 2013

March 25 - Florence, Italy. Day 3 of PUCart eurotrip

3:04 am.
Today was a fun day! We got up and took the bus north 3 hours to Firenze(Florence), spending the time talking with the other students on the trip. I miss my friends back home, but these guys are cool and I'm happy for the chance to get to know them. We got to Florence and went on another guided tour, this time of the Duomo and Florence. Our tour guide was my favorite of the trip. A super smart funny Florentine man with a nice hat and an awesome scarf and coat. The city of Florence is beautiful. I like it much better than Rome. The shop lined small cobblestone streets is one of my favorite things about Europe. Walking them with friends laughing and talking is the best thing and I'm sure I will remember it.



We saw lots of statues and really cool churches and a bridge. At the end of the tour we got to go to a leather factory and got a demonstration.

Then we split up and me, Michael, Abraham, Kristina, Jonny, and Kaelyn walked around, looked at stores,  and got pizza and gelato. It was so much fun. Then we got on the bus to go to the train station for the night train.



We hung out in the station and then got on the train to Paris.
The compartments on a night train are small but I like them. I'm sitting on the top bunk writing this. After getting settled in we talked for a while and then Michael and I went to the dinning car to play cards. We got some people from the other group to play with us for a while which was nice, then Jonny and Kaelyn came over after they left and the four of us talked for a few hours. This is what I love. Talking to people in the middle of the night for a few hours about anything and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment