Tuesday 27 August 2013

March 26, 2013. Paris

11:57 pm

Day one in Paris.

I awoke on the night train speeding through the French countryside. We ate the breakfasts that Eva, our tour director, had packed for us the night before, and talked. The train had been stuck for a while at one of its stops so it ran a little late. We reached the train station and got off and took a bus to the hotel. We dumped our stuff, used the bathroom and walked down the street to get food. We took the metro down to the island in the center of the city, and we saw Notre Dame. 

We split up and Professor Carpenter walked us around and talked about the Notre Dame. I've been here before so I convinced a group of us then went up to the tower, It was so beautiful. It was super cold but totally worth it. Just as breath taking as I remember. 
We all meet up again and had dinner at a nice little restaurant in the latin quarter. It was really good and they served tarte tatin for desert!
After dinner most people went back to the hotel but me, Michael, Abraham, and Kristina decided to stay and adventure. The kids from the other group were all staying out too, so we all went to the Eiffel Tower to see it all light up at night. We watched the light show, it was so freezing cold but once again worth it. 
We've only been here one day but already I am completely reminded of why I loved this city so much. It's so great to finally be here again. It calls back memories and feelings, reviving the love for this city that had been dwindling down in the back of my mind. I can't even express the feeling inside me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment